Humboldt Berlin Transformer Station sold

Tippin Corporation is pleased to announce the sale of the landmark Transformer Station in East Berlin.

BNP Paribas Real Estate Consult GmbH advised on the lease and sale of the historical industrial complex, comprised of five buildings located in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin.  The 1926 property was designed by German architect Hans Heinrich Muller and functioned as a transformer station until the early 1990's.  Some 12,500 m2 in rentable area, the structures are listed monuments and regarded as an important example of early 20th century German industrial architecture.

Humboldt was acquired by Tippin Corporation from Vattenfall in April 2007 for €5,150,000, and subsequently redeveloped as the headquarters of Zalando GmbH, Europe's largest e-commerce retailer.  Zalando listed on DAX in 2014.

Tippin Corporation profitably preserves landmark properties worldwide, in co-ownership with institutional funds.  Since inception in 1996, the company has made 14 investments in five countries on two continents. The company is currently focused on Central & Eastern Europe, with $250 million under acquisition and development.

31/03/2015