Humboldt

This industrial complex is comprised of six buildings interconnected by bridges and passages, located in Prenzlauer Berg, in former East Berlin. The building was designed by German architect Hans Muller in 1926 and functioned as a transformer station until the early 1990’s. Some 17,000 m2 in area, the structures are listed monuments and are regarded as an important example of early 20th century German industrial architecture. The volumous rooms have been converted to contemporary office and event space.

 

Photos

Video